Naturally, I wanted begin my new web site with a personal blog laced with wit and elan, However, after reading these comments by an unidentified Canadian editor, I knew that I had to kick off with this gem. It is too true to be shuttled aside.
A Valuable Lesson Learned
Many of us old coots and codgers remember Sammy Davis Junior, who was a popular black entertainer on his own merits, and a member of Frank Sinatra’s famous Rat Pack group in Los Vegas’ nightly shows. Sammy often said that at one time when he was young, he thought that if anyone did not like him, that person must be a nasty ol’ racist. Then, when he went to Africa, he said that he discovered that some people just do not like him.
Take note President Obama. It’s not your
pigmentation. It is your “Progressive” politics.
Canada’s Top Ten List of America’s Stupidity
10) Only in America… could Democrat politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America… could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40% of all federal “entitlements” go to black Americans – 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics!
8) Only in America… could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Democrat Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Democrat Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America… can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America… would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just ‘magically’ become American citizens.
5) Only in America… could people such as Tea Party and Libertarians who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
4) Only in America… could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America… could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America… could the Democrat Administration collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year – for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America… could the rich people – who pay 86% of all income taxes – be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.
I have been thinking about WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
FYI: In the past 40 years or more, “Weapons of Mass Destruction” (WMD) were always defined as having three and only three components: (1) Chemical, (2) Biological and (3) Atomic Weapons. Then the uber-liberal TV news pundits began defining WMD as only Atomic Weapons because Saddam Hussein had none of those. Therefore, as you may recall, liberal pundits rationalized that the Bush Administration invaded Iraq illegally and unjustifiably because the Iraqis had none of their new definition of WMD; i.e., only Atomic Weapons.
This very limited and inaccurate definition of WMD was essential to the liberals because Saddam obviously had Chemical Weapons which he had used on the Iranians, the Iraqi Kurds and even his own Iraqi Muslim citizens: the rebellious Shiites in the south of Iraq. Also, Saddam had admitted to the UN that he had anthrax biological weapons. Therefore, if the real-world definition of WMD still included Chemical and Biological weapons, the liberal’s could never claim that Saddam had no WMD and therefore could not declare that our invasion of Iraq was unjustifiable. (Never mind that Iraq broke the 1991 Cease Fire Truce almost every day by shooting ground-to-air missles at U.S. aircraft enforcing the No Fly Zone over Iraq. But that’s overkill, I guess.)
Incredibly, no one within the Bush Administration ever set the liberals straight and eventually darned near everyone on TV erroneously accepted as fact that flawed definition of WMD. Even ultra-right celebrities like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity fell into lock step and the big lie became a PC “fact” after a daily drum beat of B.S. repetition. In the rush to appear informed, no news commentators defended the true definition of WMD.
Of course, WMD could not be defined as conventional high explosives by the liberals at that time because Iraq was essentially a huge ammunition dump wherein hundreds of thousands of tons of artillery shells, land mines and other militarized explosives were sitting unguarded for the Iraqi insurgents to gather at their leisure.
However, recently when Al Qaeda terrorists use conventional high explosives to try to blow up subways in New York City, tall sky scraper buildings in Dallas and Los Angeles, or airliners around the world, every newscast that I have read calls these high explosives “Weapons of Mass Destruction.”
You can’t have it both ways. High explosives could not be called WMD in Iraq because then they could not say that Saddam had no WMD since he was indeed up to his giblets in high explosives. But since 2009, the same blockheads are defining conventional high explosives as WMD when used by terrorists.
Does this hogwash bother anybody other tha this grumpy old Grunt?
HERE’S A SHOCKER
THE UNITED STATES IS CURRENTLY THE THIRD HIGHEST COUNTRY FOR MURDERS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. However, if you remove Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans from the overall equation, the United States is the fourth from the bottom country for least murders. Surprisingly, these four cities also have the toughest, most stringent gun-control laws in the United States and, by the way, all four cities are controlled by Democrats. However, it would probably be absurd to draw any conclusions from these data.
Efficient Gun Control That May Make Sense.
a. In 1863, a Democrat shot and killed Abraham Lincoln, the President of the United States.
b. In 1881, a left-wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, the
President of the United States , who later died from the wound.
c. In 1963, a radical left-wing socialist shot and killed John F. Kennedy, the President of the United States.
d. In 1975, a left-wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, the President of the United States.
e. In 1983, a registered Democrat, John Hinkley, shot and wounded Ronald Reagan, the President of the United States.
f. In 1984, James Hubert, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonalds restaurant.
g. In 1986, Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an Oklahoma post office.
h. In 1990, James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office.
i. In 1991, George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby’s cafeteria.
j. In 1995, James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory.
k. In 1999, Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service.
l. In 2001, a left-wing. radical Democrat, fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, the President of the US .
m. In 2003, Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant.
n. In 2007, a registered Democrat named Seung-Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech.
o. In 2010, a mentally ill, registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabriele Giffords and killed 6 others.
p. In 2011, a registered Democrat named James Holmes, shot and killed 12 people at a movie theater.
q. In 2012, Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis.
r. In 2013, a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school.
s. Most recently, an angry, apparently deranged, registered Democrat shot 12 people at a Navy shipyard.
One could go on, but you get the point, even if the media does not. Of course, these numbers of registered Democrats could be a complete coincidence. However, no NRA, Tea Party or Republican conservatives were involved, which could be another coincidence.